Thursday, July 29, 2010

Frock By Friday!

Since obtaining my sewing machine last February, I've been sewing up a storm. It all started with a few pillow cases and a bow. I moved on to some super bonnet making and, then, continued to make bonnets. I've now made 11 bonnets total, 6 just for Edie-Pants.

Photobucket

Last week, I sewed my first skirt (black and white with yellow pockets) and a few "hooter hiders" (or breast feeding covers) for a few new moms in my life. Next week I shall begin my biggest project to date... a dress!

There are so many awesome sewing blogs out there and I've pretty much subscribed to all of them in my google reader. One of my favorites, Grosgrain, does a Frock by Friday tutorial at the start of each month. This will be my first month participating and I urge any sewers out there to join me. I'll blog about my progress to keep me motivated.

Without further a do, next week's project the Anda Dress from BurdaStyle:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment