Saturday, August 8, 2009

Introducing Edith Cecelia!

The Bean has arrived.

On Tuesday, I had my regular 38 week checkup with the doctor. Apparently, my uterus was measuring small for the third week in a row, so my doctor had me schedule an ultrasound to check to see if the Bean was growing. At about 3:30 in the afternoon, just a couple hours after my ultrasound, I received a call from my doctor. At this point this is all I heard her say: baby measuring okay, amniotic fluids low, pack bag for hospital, will induced you tomorrow.

So, mildly in shock, I called Kris then packed my bag for the hospital. We arrived at the hospital sometime after 5 p.m. They started me on a medication to get everything going as I was not effaced and my cervix was too high to check. Apparently, with most women, the drug they put me on helps get things started a little bit. Well, it helped me get started a lot, and I was actually going into labor on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. At 6 a.m. the started me on Pitocin, and at around 10 a.m. my doctor broke my water. I handled the pain okay up to that point... then, it was down hill from there. So, at about 11:30 I caved and received the epidural. It was awesome.

Labor progressed quickly after that, and at 1:33 our little Bean was born... a girl!

Introducing our sweet one Edith Cecelia!

Photobucket

Photobucket

She was born 7lb, 1 oz, and 19 1/4 inches long and was named after her great grandmother Edith and her grandmother Leona Cecelia. We are calling her Edie.

I'm sure Kris will have a nice detailed version of Edie's birth story of his own... so, stay tuned for that. I also have some photos from her birth taken by Ann Arbor Miller and some post labor photos from my boss Dave Arntson that I'll try to post next week. Until then, I'm off to enjoy my sleepy baby.

1 comment:

  1. Kris and Britta...HUGS!! and sweet little kisses to Edie. She is absolutely, positively beautiful. Of course, you already know that. ;) If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. Blankets, shoes!!, truffles, you name it. I'll see what I can do for you. :)

    -elisa

    ReplyDelete