Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Spring Dress

Happy Snow Day to all of you that live in the Red River Valley (and most of North Dakota). I'm convinced that we upper Midwesterners can handle disappointment better than any other segment of people thanks to our erratic weather. Remember this weekend and earlier this week when it was super, duper, nice outside? Remember when it reached 4o degrees and everything started to melt? Well, here is our house today:
Photobucket
Not so much melting going on. I guess Edie's dream of splashing through huge puddles of water will come true.

Anywho, way back when it was nice out I had the motivation to make Edie a pillow case dress. The fabric (a sheet) and the bias tape were thrift store find so the dress was practically free to make. I think I'll make a whole bunch of these for the summer. They are light and airy and super comfy. Oh, and Edie actually enjoys wearing it!

Photobucket
Photobucket
I also made her "baby" a matching dress.
Photobucket
If you'd like to see more, check out my post over on the photo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment