Sunday, August 8, 2010

Frock by Friday: Wednesday, Saturday and Done!

As promised, I finished my Frock by Friday™: The Anda Frock and I'm blogging about it for you today. It's been a super busy week around here, so, unfortunately, I didn't finish until Saturday morning. Oh, and I did sew on Thursday but forgot to take a picture (it was the mid section the dress). Anywho, without further ado, Wednesday and Saturday's pictures:



I'm some what pleased with the results, though there are few things I would change. First, I would make sure to shorten the pattern instead of figuring how to shorten the hem after the dress is sewn. It was a big struggle Saturday morning when I had to figure out how to take 7 whole inches off the bottom of the dress. Also, I wasn't crazy about my fabric choice in the end... I think next time I attempt this dress it will be with some nice, comfy jersey (t-shirt fabric). I also would make a few tweaks to the top of the dress.

All in all, I think it's pretty cool that I made a dress. The pattern was super easy and there is no doubt I could make the next one super, duper quickly (and a lot better). I can't wait until the fall when I can where this dress some orange tights and cardigan.


No comments:

Post a Comment